Find Your Home
Do you know how the mortgage loan process works? I want you to be educated on the process so you fully understand step by step how we are going to get you in the home of your dreams. I have a unique tool built specifically to help you understand the mortgage loan process from start to finish!
Get ready to buy a home
- Is my income stable?
- Do I have enough in my savings account to handle unexpectancies or emergencies?
- Is my other monthly debt manageable right now and would it still be manageable with a mortgage payment as well?
- Do I have a good credit score?
- Do I have enough money set aside for a down payment?
View your home loan options
Get approved for a mortgage
Work with a real estate agent
Find your perfect home
With your real estate agent’s tips, you can search for the best home choices in your desired location. Some things to consider when starting your home search:
- The neighborhood
- Local schools
- The commute time from your work to the home
- The nearby amenities, such as grocery stores and gas stations
- The price
- The number of rooms/bathrooms needed for your family
Many search tools will allow you to look for homes based on some of the criteria above, like schools, price, and home size. If you’re still struggling to find the right home for you, talk to your agent or a member of the Zack Seidman Team.
Make a offer on the house
Once you’ve found your dream home, what’s next? More often than not, the next step is to make an offer on the home. Negotiating prices comes easier to some than others, so your real estate agent will guide you step-by-step through the process of making an offer.
A good way to get an idea of how much to offer is to look at the nearby homes and what they were sold for. By finding the price of homes that are a comparable size and quality, you can offer a good price for the home.
Before making the offer, however, make sure there are no or are little repairs and renovations you will want to make to the house. If so, you will need to account for these adjustments in your budget and the price you can offer may differ with this in mind.
Get ready to close
- A home inspection The first step requires you to find and hire an inspector to double check that the home is in good condition. This may seem tedious, but it is important to make sure you are not being ripped off by the current homeowners, or be faced with unexpected issues soon after purchasing.
- An appraisal Once you’ve received the home inspection, our team will order an appraisal for you. This is to make sure you don’t pay more for the home than it’s worth. A typical appraisal costs a few hundred dollars, so be sure to add this to your budget for closing costs.
- The underwriting While the previous two steps are happening, our team will work on underwriting your home loan, which means we will verify your financial status in order to give you loan final approval.
Close on your new home
At closing, you will need to provide the following documents
- A government-issued ID or driver’s license
- A check that includes the home’s down payment and any unpaid closing costs
- The Closing Disclosure given to you
- A list of contact information for your real estate agent and lawyer, in case any questions should arise
Once you get your new loan after purchasing or refinancing your home, you may think that everything is up to you to figure. Typically it is, but with the Zack Seidman team, you will be supported and educated on how to manage your mortgage. “The Homeowner Playbook” is a home ownership program available to our clients that will guide you after you already have your home. We offer this as part of our “Next-Level” service so you have consistent expert guidance, always have a perfect mortgage experience and proactively maintain your home, which increases your home value over time! Contact the Zack Seidman team today to learn more about mastering “The Homeowner Playbook”.
Ready to Apply?
Start your journey toward the right home loan for you by filling out our simple online application.